Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville is an ecumenical Christian ministry that provides the life-changing opportunity for people to purchase and own quality, affordable homes. Habitat family partnerships enable dignity of life for those who choose it and work to achieve it, help to create safer neighborhoods for more children, and facilitate a pathway of hope for those we serve. The success of our mission is ensured through the generous help of our caring community of donors and volunteers, who help us Build Better Lives.
Our values and principles
Through the success of our homeownership ministry, Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville is creating a future that benefits us all. In collaboration with many Nashville corporations, government agencies and faith-based organizations, we are creating change in our community by recognizing and answering the basic human need for quality, affordable housing for Nashville’s low-income families. We believe:
• Working hand in hand with people in need produces a sense of empowerment and accomplishment. This provides an environment for positive life changes.
• Homeownership produces more responsible and active citizens, which improves communities and cities.
• When people act in response to human need, giving without seeking profit or interest, we believe the effects are multiplied by God. The miraculous happens when we step out in faith. We do not charge interest or make a profit on Habitat homes.
• In bridging theological differences, using the hammer as an instrument to manifest God’s love.
•In the community building power of partnering with donors, volunteers, faith-based communities, businesses, organizations and homeowner families.
• In the importance of our volunteer ministry. Our goal is for each of these volunteers to come to a deeper understanding of the need for affordable housing and the situations faced by Davidson, Dickson, Cheatham, and Wilson counties low-income families.