Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville offers a volunteer team building experience few other nonprofits can offer, while engaging life in such a deep and meaningful way. Click on the Volunteer Now button to the right to find the right Habitat experience for you and help us Build Better Lives.
• New Home Construction: This opportunity is best for groups, and no specific construction skills are required. Volunteers on the construction site work from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays (occasionally builds are held on Thursdays/Fridays or Fridays/Saturdays, depending upon the build schedule). Tools are provided by Habitat. We build rain or shine!
• SOS: Habitat’s Supervisors on Site (SOS) provide leadership and hands-on-training for Habitat volunteers. Each SOS is trained in power tool and building safety procedures, construction skills, and leadership. Habitat’s SOSs' are the spirit of the volunteer corps and the backbone of the volunteer experience. If you are interested in learning more, please email Matt Hawkins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Family Services: Family Services offers several opportunities for volunteers to interact and teach partner families. Or, if you enjoy working with children, Habitat’s HomeWORKS for KIDS program provides additional opportunities. HomeWORKS education classes are taught on Tuesday and Thursday nights, from 5:30 – 7:00 p.m. Volunteers need to arrive at 5:00 p.m. and stay until 7:00 p.m.
• ReStore: If you like to organize and arrange merchandise, stock shelves and have a knack for displaying merchandise, Habitat’s retail outlet has a place for you. Volunteer opportunities are available Monday through Saturday, from 9:00 a.m. until 5:30 p.m.
• Corporate office: Office administration volunteers assist with data entry, filing, mailings, assembling information and promotional events at Habitat’s corporate office.