Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville is committed to the health and safety of its sponsors, volunteers, SOS and staff and is following CDC and local guidelines for returning to work. The ReStores will reopen on May 26. Habitat of Greater Nashville will resume its spring build schedule on May 30 and remote employees will return to the office on a limited schedule on May 26. For more information call (615) 254-4663 Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Habitat's mission to help those in need of stability through homeownership is needed now more than ever. We appreciate your support!
Construction Build Site
• Any volunteer or staff member who does not feel well or who is running a temperature, showing signs of acute respiratory illness or difficulty breathing should not come to the build site.
• Volunteers will work in groups of 10 or less.
• Habitat volunteers will follow recommended CDC guidelines for social distancing.
• All volunteers will be given new, personal protective equipment (PPE) - hardhat, safety glasses, gloves and a face covering and will be required to wear these items while on the build site. Volunteers may bring their own face coverings, gloves and safety glasses, personal sunglasses and/or regular glasses will substitute for safety glasses. No PPE will be shared.
• Habitat construction staff and SOS will also wear PPE.
• Hand washing stations and hand sanitizer stations will be available at the build site.
• Portalets will be cleaned daily.
• Habitat is suspending any large group gatherings like the morning safety meeting and group photo. The safety meeting will be conducted at each of the individual homes, in smaller groups.
• Volunteer groups will be asked to designate (2) hospitality volunteers to help with snacks, lunch and water distribution.
• Volunteer groups will be asked to provide boxed lunches instead of buffet style food.
• Habitat homeowners who need to speak with a staff member please call (615) 254-4663.
• The vestibule in between the double doors in the Homeowner Academy will be the drop-off and pick up zone for all documents.
• Interested applicants can click here for current information on acceptance of applications, eligibility, and information meetings. Information Meetings will be provided virtually soon.
Nashville and Dickson ReStore hours Tuesday - Friday 9 a.m. - 5p.m.
Wilson ReStore will reopen at a later date
• Hand sanitizing stations will be available at the front of the store and a wipe dispenser will be located by the shopping carts for customers to wipe down shopping carts.
• A new credit card reader has been installed for customers to handle transactions without sharing their credit card.
• Plexiglass has been installed at the checkout counter.
• Floor spacers will designate CDC guidelines for social distancing.
• All ReStore staff and volunteers will wear face coverings.
• Donation pickups must be in garages or outside of the residence or business.
• Donation receipts will be emailed.