Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville is committed to the health and safety of its sponsors, volunteers, SOS and staff and has followed CDC and local guidelines for COVID-19 safety. The The Nashville and Division offices are open Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Recently, local health officials have advised the city of Nashville that given the high rate of COVID spread with the more contagious variants, “even fully vaccinated people need to mask up” (unvaccinated have always been advised to wear a mask). Thus, staff at Habitat of Greater Nashville office and its divisions is wearing face coverings inside the building and encouraging guests to do the same. Frequent handwashings and social distancing are still recommended as more people continue to get vaccinated.
Any volunteer or staff member who does not feel well or who is running a temperature, showing signs of acute respiratory illness or difficulty breathing should not come to the build site, Nashville or Division offices, or ReStores. We appreciate your continued support!
• All volunteers will still be given new, personal protective equipment (PPE) - hardhat, safety glasses, gloves and a face covering.
• Volunteers may bring their own face coverings, gloves and safety glasses, personal sunglasses and/or regular glasses will substitute for safety glasses.
• Face coverings are optional outdoors, but when working indoors where social distancing is difficult to achieve and maintain, volunteers will be asked to wear a face covering. Those who choose not to wear a face covering will be guided to work outdoors.
• Hand sanitizer is available.
• Volunteer groups will continue to provide lunch in boxes.
• Interested applicants can click here for current information on acceptance of applications, eligibility, and information meetings.
• Homeowner education classes continue to be held by zoom and in person when social distancing is achievable in the large education classroom.
Nashville and Dickson ReStore hours Tuesday - Friday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Wilson ReStore will reopen at a later date
• Staff will be wearing face coverings when in contact with customers. Shoppers are encouraged to wear a face covering while shopping and to social distance. Complimentary face coverings are available at the customer service counter.
• Donation pick ups will continue with items for pick up being placed outside of dwellings.
• Hand sanitizer is available at the front of the store and a wipe dispenser will be located by the shopping carts for customers to wipe down shopping carts.
• A new credit card reader has been installed for customers to handle transactions without sharing their credit card.
• Plexiglass has been installed at the checkout counter.
• Floor spacers designate CDC guidelines for social distancing when possible.
• Donation pickups must be in garages or outside of the residence or business.
• Donation receipts will be emailed.