Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville is committed to the health and safety of its sponsors, volunteers, SOS and staff and is following CDC and local guidelines. The Nashville and Dickson ReStores are open. The Wilson ReStore will open at a later date. Habitat of Greater Nashville will begin its fall build schedule on Aug. 22. Remote office employees have returned to the office on a limited schedule, in observance of local guideline recommendations to continue to work remotely when possible. For more information call (615) 254-4663 Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Habitat's mission to help those in need of stability through homeownership is needed now more than ever. We appreciate your support!
Construction Build Site
• Any volunteer or staff member who does not feel well or who is running a temperature, showing signs of acute respiratory illness or difficulty breathing should not come to the build site.
• Volunteers are working in groups of 10 or less.
• Habitat volunteers will follow recommended CDC guidelines for social distancing.
• All volunteers are given new, personal protective equipment (PPE) - hardhat, safety glasses, gloves and a face covering and are required to wear these items while on the build site. Volunteers may bring their own face coverings, gloves and safety glasses, personal sunglasses and/or regular glasses will substitute for safety glasses. No PPE will be shared.
• Habitat construction staff and SOS are wearing PPE.
• Hand washing stations and hand sanitizer stations are available at the build site.
• Portalets are cleaned daily.
• Habitat has suspended large group gatherings like the morning safety meeting and group photo. Instead, the safety meeting is conducted at each of the individual homes, in smaller groups.
• Volunteer groups will asked to designate (2) hospitality volunteers to help with snacks, lunch and water distribution.
• Volunteer groups will be asked to provide boxed lunches instead of buffet style food.
• Habitat homeowners who need to speak with a staff member please call (615) 254-4663.
• The vestibule in between the double doors in the Homeowner Academy will be the drop-off and pick up zone for all documents.
• Interested applicants can click here for current information on acceptance of applications, eligibility, and information meetings. Information Meetings will be provided virtually soon.
Nashville and Dickson ReStore hours Tuesday - Friday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Wilson ReStore will reopen at a later date
• Hand sanitizing stations are available at the front of the store and a wipe dispenser will be located by the shopping carts for customers to wipe down shopping carts.
• A new credit card reader has been installed for customers to handle transactions without sharing their credit card.
• Plexiglass has been installed at the checkout counter.
• Floor spacers designate CDC guidelines for social distancing.
• All ReStore staff and volunteers are wearing face coverings.
• Donation pickups must be in garages or outside of the residence or business.
• Donation receipts will be emailed.