Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville warranties the workmanship, materials, and equipment of the home for one (1) year after closing or homeowner sign-off of punch list items, whichever occurs last. Some additional manufacturer's warranties on equipment and appliances may apply and will be provided to the homeowner. Some items covered by this warranty are provided by third parties such as contractors and manufacturers; Habitat will assist homeowner as necessary to ensure authorized warranty repairs are completed in a timely manner. Homeowner agrees to notify Habitat in a timely manner of requested warranty repairs, and agrees to provide Habitat employees, agents, contractors, or vendors access to home during normal business hours to examine and/or perform requested repairs. All warranty requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis. See your warranty agreement for further explaination. In cases where the warranty period has expired, Habitat does not generally recommend any specific contractor for repair work.
Emergency Warranty Repair Protocol
In the event of a qualified emergency warranty request after normal business hours (8 am – 5 pm Mon thru Fri) or on a holiday when the Habitat office is closed you may contact the appropriate subcontractor directly. Otherwise, submit a warranty request form (below).
Qualified Emergency Warranty Requests
- Total loss of heat (if 40ᵒ Fahrenheit or below for the daily low temperature) – Contact TMC at (615) 255-6677
- Total loss of air conditioning (if 80ᵒ Fahrenheit or higher for the daily high temperature) – Contact TMC at (615) 255-6677
- Total loss of electricity – Contact power company first. If they can’t resolve the problem, then contact George D Edwards Electric at (615) 207-5095
- A plumbing leak that requires the entire water supply to be shut off – Contact Benchmark Plumbing at (615) 207-3785
- Total sewage stoppage (ALL toilets and drains) – Contact Benchmark Plumbing at (615) 207-3785
You will be billed if you contact a subcontractor and you are no longer under warranty and/or if it is not a qualified emergency.
Please complete the fields below to submit a warranty request
Homeowner contact information
Describe each repair request item below separately.